Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] a Series Splash Screen
02-06-18, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-18 04:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] a Series Splash Screen
I followed the instructions to load a 'splash screen' on to my 2 a Series units (a127 and a128) and didn't have any luck.

I resized the picture and downloaded the 2 files on a 16gb card. After attempting to load the new splash screen, it didn't work. And when I looked at the files on the card again, the 3 original files were on it in, but also looks like 3 more were put on by the machine. What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-18, 04:29 PM
RE: [CA] a Series Splash Screen
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bpyoung,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should you have followed the procedures specified within the referenced FAQ and should the problem persist, then please provide the PNG file along with the rayatom.upgrade.08.sh & rayatom.upgrade.08.sh.sig to a response to this post for further analysis. It is recommended that these three files be copied into a ZIP folder than that the ZIP folder be attached to your response.
02-08-18, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 05:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the response. Attached are the files that I tried to load in to the unit.
02-08-18, 05:24 PM
bpyoung,

I suspect that you have not configured your Windows Explorer to show file extensions, as the name of the PNG file included within your zip folder was found to be "OEM_A12_splash.png (2).png" rather than "OEM_A12_splash.png". Accordingly, I suggested the change to your Windows Explorer configuration settings to show file extensions and then renaming the file to match that specified above.
02-08-18, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-18 08:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks....I'll give that a shot when I get back to the boat in a few weeks.
02-09-18, 08:43 AM
You're welcome.