Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] DSM 300 software update
02-06-18, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-18 04:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] DSM 300 software update
I have a C 80 classic running on V 5.16 software and a DSM 300 running on V4.10 software. I have successfully downloaded the two pkg files and the dob file from Raymarine's web site and transferred them to a CF card. I have followed the instructions by powering off the mfd, inserting the CF card and then powering the mfd on with the power to the DSM as well. My C80 proceeds to boot up for normal operation instead of booting to the software upgrade page.

I would like information on how to access the upgrade page on the mfd so I can update the software on my DSM 300.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-18, 04:03 PM
RE: [CA] DSM 300 software update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum raypan,

As the C-Series Classic MFDs were designed to communicate with a DSM via hsb2 communications and as the software updates following v4.10 were primarily focused on addressing communications issues between the DSM and compatible MFDs having an Ethernet communications interface, it was generally not recommended that the software within DSMs be updated beyond v4.10. What problem are you seeking to correct by updating the DSM's software?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply