Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
02-20-18, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-18 03:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Adding STNG and N2K to exisiting Seatalk
Chuck, again many thanks. I appreciate you validating the proposed design (I understand this does not imply guaranteed performance!)

Re: Q4 - I thought the SeaTalk-SeatalkNG manual was pretty unambiguous on this, that's why I included a second R52131 in the design. Please see attached Pages 16/21 of the manual. Am I missing something here? Regardless, I need at least two more STng ports in the system to support the planned devices, so it's either a R52131 or an A06064 - which would be a lot cheaper, agreed.

If I do decide to combine the RS125 with the two C-120's SeaTalk outputs at the SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box, please confirm the attached J-box wiring PDF would be the correct wiring for this.
My apologies for the hand-drawn portions.

Thanks again -

Attached File(s)
.pdf  J-Box_Wiring.pdf (Size: 351.7 KB / Downloads: 314)
.pdf  Page21.pdf (Size: 76.07 KB / Downloads: 275)
.pdf  Page16.pdf (Size: 100.68 KB / Downloads: 351)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-18, 03:54 PM
Grant,

Q1. Re: Q4 - I thought the SeaTalk-SeatalkNG manual was pretty unambiguous on this, that's why I included a second R52131 in the design. Please see attached Pages 16/21 of the manual. Am I missing something here?
A1. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter was not initially introduced with the RS125. It was later added to supported continued sale of the RS125 after Raymarine had begun to introduce MFDs having a SeaTalkng communications interface (ex. C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs, A-Series Classic MFDs, etc.). When interfaced to a system of C-Series Classic MFDs, it would have been interfaced to the SeaTalk bus in the manner which the diagram referenced in Q3 below illustrates.

Q2. Regardless, I need at least two more STng ports in the system to support the planned devices, so it's either a R52131 or an A06064 - which would be a lot cheaper, agreed.
A2. Correct.

Q3. If I do decide to combine the RS125 with the two C-120's SeaTalk outputs at the SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box, please confirm the attached J-box wiring PDF would be the correct wiring for this.
A3. The diagram is correct.
02-20-18, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-18 09:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK Chuck, thanks for clarifying that once more. I'll modify the diagram once more, but shouldn't need anymore hand-holding for now. Very much appreciate all your insight. Thank you.
02-21-18, 09:28 AM
You're welcome.