Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Waypoint capacity of Axiom pro
02-14-18, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-18 12:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Waypoint capacity of Axiom pro
According to the specs I have read, an Axiom pro 9RVX should have a waypoint capacity of 10,000. My current recreational plotter only has around 770 marks. But I have my old professional marks still--These total some 28,164. I have GPS utility to save these .usr files as GPX, and assume that program will give me the ability to filter these marks down to a smaller file--some particular colours I know I can delete without losing anything I want to keep, and I also assume i will be able to filter by latitude as well, which can chop the north and south extremities of my old range off .
But, if I still cannot get down to less, say, than 9000, does the Axiom pro have the ability to run an external drive to cater for the >10,000 marks? I don't have the equipment installed as yet, still in transit from the seller.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-18, 12:25 PM
RE: [CA] Waypoint capacity of Axiom pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ranmar850,

With the exception of the MFD's import/export features, those features dealing with waypoints utilize waypoint data which is stored within the MFD's internal memory. In cases such as this, it would be recommended that multiple GPX files be created from the master database of waypoints. Each of these GPX files should contain no more than the maximum number of waypoints which the MFD's internal memory may hold. Decisions concerning how to divide the waypoints are subjective, but at typically based on geographic location, type of fishing, etc.. Each of these GPX files may be stored ona a single microSD memory card as long as the filename differ. After doing so, should the waypoints within the MFD's internal memory not be applicable to the day's activities, then the MFD's internal waypoint memory may be erased, then permitting waypoints from the desired GPX file to be imported into the MFD's internal memory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply