Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Quantum/e127 WIFI compatible?
02-14-18, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-18 12:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Quantum/e127 WIFI compatible?
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Quantum radar for my 27' Shamrock. I have an e127 unit installed, I thought it was WIFI compatible but was told by a salesman it is not compatible with the Quantum using wifi only. I'll have to get the Quantum that has power and data cables.

I'm okay using wifi only and wouldn't mind saving a few $$$. Just trying to make sure I get the right unit as the salesman couldn't show me hard evidence that it was not compatible.

Thanks,

Rob in Tacoma
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-18, 12:31 PM
RE: [CA] Quantum/e127 WIFI compatible?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rob,

You have been provided incorrect information. The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been updated LightHouse II v19.03 software are indeed compatible with Quantum radomes and will support either Ethernet or Wi-Fi communications with the Quantum radome. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing considerations for the applicability of a Wi-Fi Only Quantum radome ... specifically testing signal strength of the MFD's Wi-Fi signal measured in the desired mounting location for the Quantum radome.
02-16-18, 10:27 AM
Thanks Chuck.
02-16-18, 10:28 AM
You're welcome.