Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Mystery solved locating imported Navionics + routes from Android tablet to E7
02-19-18, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-18 02:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Mystery solved locating imported Navionics + routes from Android tablet to E7
Over the weekend, after many hours of trial and error and trips to the boat and calls to Navionics and Raymarine for help, we finally found the puzzle key to moving dock to dock autoroutes created on an Android tablet with wifi sync to E7.

Connected them to each other with E7's wifi, did the many minutes sync, which green lighted and said was successful, but then I couldn't find the newly imported routes in the E7's route data menu-- nothing there!

Turns out that syncing the data from the tablet is only the first of two steps!

The WiFi sync doesn't place the new routes into the E7s internal memory--which is why the newly created and transferred routes from the tablet can't be found in the routes archive of the E7.

They are actually written to the Navionics MicroSD card in the card slot, and placed in the CHARTS folder (not in a separate and to me, more intuitive ROUTES folder on the card).

Knowing that, use the E7's IMPORT function in DATA, select card one, continue drilling into the file structure to CHARTS to ROUTES and there they are. Import them, then back in the CHART screen, open NAV, go to FOLLOW ROUTE and the window opens giving you all the routes you created at home on your far easier to use NAVIONICS app.

Bingo. Everything works-- YAY.

Final note- when I opened the chart after importing the 30 or so newly created routes, the tracks are all on the chart screen! You have to go back into the ROUTES screen and select HIDE ALL. Then you reselect the route you actually want to follow and select SHOW for that one, and then when you return to the CHART screen, you will see the route track and waypoints.

Now I await somewhat warmer weather here on Vancouver Island to go sailing and hope the AutoHelm follows the routes faithfully when needed.

Hope this helps anyone with an E7 and an Android tablet with Navionics + installed on both.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-18, 02:35 PM
RE: Mystery solved locating imported Navionics + routes from Android tablet to E7
scottotheforest,

We're glad to learn of your success. Your findings are consistent with the instructions found within the FAQ referenced within my response to your previous thread on this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply