Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Wiring for EC 200 autohelm
02-20-18, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-18 02:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Wiring for EC 200 autohelm
I'm installing an EV 200 autopilot on a 35' sailboat. The P70s Pilot controller will be mounted on a pod above the wheel. Can I use the longer seatalk "Backbone" cable connected to the controller, run it down the binnacle to ACU underneath the deck. And when I connect the EV1 sensor, does it matter which ends of the "T" connector goes where?
The way the instructions read, I need to connect a series of the shorter white seatalk cables with the 5 way connectors.

But all the cables should be interchangeable with the connectors and it should make no difference which port on the connector goes where. Correct??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-18, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-18 03:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Wiring for EC 200 autohelm
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Within sailboats in which devices having a SeaTalkng communications interface will be installed in binacle pods, a SeaTalkng backbone cable will typically be chased through one of the binacle tubes and there connected to a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector to which the device(s) within the pod will be connected. In short, you will be creating a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Evolution autopilot components having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface will each be connected. The EV-1, p70R, and ACU-200 are each designed to be connected to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Only the ACU-200's spur cable is unique, and then only on the end which will be connected to the ACU-200's spur socket. All SeaTalkng spur cables are colored white/black and feature white plugs. All SeaTalkng backbone cables are colored blue/black and feature blue plugs. All spur sockets within a T-Piece, 5-Way Connector, etc. feature white locking rings and will only accept SeaTalkng spur cables. Backbone sockets within a backbone T-Piece, 5-Way Connector, etc. feature blue locking rings and will only accept SeaTalkng backbone cables. Should the supplied SeaTalkng networking component.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply