Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dragonfly 5M
02-22-18, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-18 05:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Dragonfly 5M
I have bought a Dragonfly 5M as a update/replacement for a previous handheld chart plotter. I am not particularly tech-savvy and found The online manual is not very informative. I wonder if someone can help me get started with answers to a couple of questions:

1. I want to access 'system settings' and the manual says to do this by going into 'menu'. There is no menu button so how do I find it?

2. When the chart is displayed on the screen the top left box shows the course and the top right box the speed over the ground. I also want another box to display distance run - how can I get this?

3, Does the machine have a trip calculator (time and distance run + average speed + max speed)? I presume the machine can dispaly this...can't it?

Any help gratefully received. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-18, 11:11 AM
RE: [CA] Dragonfly 5M
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Charlie,

Q1. I want to access 'system settings' and the manual says to do this by going into 'menu'. There is no menu button so how do I find it?
A1. It appears as though the documentation for this particular feature may have incorrectly borrowed from another product's instructions. In short, if viewing one of A Dragonfly display's pages (Chart, Sonar, Tools & Settings, etc.), pressing the BACK button (marked with a left pointing arrow) twice, the page selection dialog may then be viewed. Then, using the right or left arrow of the trackpad, one may select a new page to be viewed ... in this case, the Tools & Settings page. Once the desired page has been highlighted, then press the OK button to then display the Tools and Settings page. Once in the Tools & Setting page, the right/left arrows and up/down arrows may be used to select the desired tool or System Settings. Once highlighted, pressing the OK button will then cause the desired tool or System Settings page to be shown.

Q2. When the chart is displayed on the screen the top left box shows the course and the top right box the speed over the ground. I also want another box to display distance run - how can I get this?
A2. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do as you have suggested. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. Does the machine have a trip calculator (time and distance run + average speed + max speed)? I presume the machine can dispaly this...can't it?
A3. Unlike more advanced products, Dragonfly displays are not designed to support these features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply