Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Lighthouse 3 upgrade
02-21-18, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-18 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Lighthouse 3 upgrade
I have an ES97 that I would like to upgrade to Lighthouse 3. My connected devices are not all on their latest versions of software. In the past, the MFD install would also upgrade all connected devices at the same time. I read the instructions for upgrading the ES and it is not clear to me if I need to upgrade the devices on my network first, or if I will be given the choice to upgrade them when I do the Lighthouse 3 to MFD install.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-18, 04:30 PM
RE: [CA] Lighthouse 3 upgrade
DFMott,

Unlike the last several LightHouse II software update downloads (e.g. a zip folder which contained software update ISO files for most compatible peripherals having an Ethernet or SeaTalkng communications interface), the LightHouse 3.3 software update download is a single ISO file, which will update only the MFD's software. If updating the software of an eS/gS-Series MFD to v3.3.170 and the MFD's software has not already been updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software, then it would be recommended that the MFD's software first be updated with LightHouse II v19.03 and that the software within each of the peripherals be updated prior to performing the LightHouse v3.3.170 software update.
02-22-18, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-18 09:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Here are the versions I am currently on

ES97- - - - - - - - V19.03
CP370 - - - - - - - V13.30
Quantum Adapter V1.16
Quantum Radome V1.51
P70r - - - - - - - - V3.07
RS-150 - - - - - - V1.21
EV-1 - - - - - - - - -V2.17
ACU200 - - - - - - -V2.17
Ray70 - - - - - - - - V1.35

Can you tell me of they compatible with 3.3.170 or which ones need to be upgraded first? I am apprehensive about changing both the MFD and the peripherals at once. Just don't seem like a good idea.....
02-23-18, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-18 09:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
DFMott,

For your benefit and that of other viewing this thread, information concerning the latest available Raymarine product software updates, product software history information, software upate instructions, and software downloads may be found within Raymarine's Product Software Update web pages. Regarding the products which you have listed, the software within the following products is not current:
CP370 - - - - - - - V13.30 ... latest is v13.34
EV-1 - - - - - - - - -V2.17 ... latest is v2.18
ACU200 - - - - - - -V2.17 ... latest is v2.23
Ray70 - - - - - - - - V1.35 ... latest is v1.40

It is recommended that the software within each of these products be updated to the latest version prior to updating the MFD's software to LH v3.3.170. Additionally, please click here to view a FAQ addressing recommended actions to be taken following any software update to an Evolution autopilot.
02-23-18, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-18 04:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Upgrading the CP370 is a non-issue but upgrading the autopilot is what I was trying to avoid. With the upgrade comes the need to re-commision. Since I don't have a ACU150, and the upgrade is to support that device, there doesn't seem to be any benefit to the update - and there is risk that it will not work properly after it is re-commisioned.....
02-23-18, 04:46 PM
DFMott,

It is virtually always recommended that products be maintained with the latest software updates, as the product software history tables often do not list performance tweaks and minor feature corrections. That said, it would not be necessary to update the software of the identified Evolution software components beyond the levels currently indicated when using them with a MFD running LightHouse v3.3.170.