Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
04-04-18, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-18 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [MG] Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
Thanks, Derek. I was wondering about the Seatalk return pin. The Seatalk is connected to my SPX 10. Will that provide the necessary 12v for the Seatalk? Can I just connect any 12v source to the red wire?
Thanks, again,
Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-18, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-18 08:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [MG]Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
Hi Jeff,

Yes, the SPX10 will be able to power the Seatalk bus, if you are going to power it from a different 12-volt supply, you will need to disconnect the Red wire from the Seatalk port on the SPX 10, and just leave the Yellow and screen (Grey) wires connected.

Regards
04-06-18, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-18 08:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [MG]Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
Hi Mark,
Thank you. I was wondering about the Seatalk Return pin out. I will try that.
As far as the 12v power is concerned, can I just disconnect the E120 and connect the red wire to any 12v source? Or, will this affect other devices on the bus? My intent is to move the C80 to the bridge and have E120 at my lower helm.
Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
05-22-18, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-18 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) Adding E120 to Seatalkng Netwrok?
Hi,
I rewired my Seatalk cable using the black wire instead of the bare wire and it works perefctly,
Thank you,
Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
05-23-18, 10:47 AM
Hi Jeff,

Excellent feedback, Thank you

Derek
07-17-18, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 12:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. This worked fine. All is well.

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
07-17-18, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 12:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,
My Seatalk Network does not see my SPX10 Autopilot and will not follow a route. I have checked the Seatalk wiring and all seems OK, but it has an "X" through the Pilot indicator. Any way to test this connection?
Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
07-18-18, 04:36 AM
Hi Jeffg

Does the SPX work fine and steer a compass course OK? If yes, then you will need to check out the network and how everything is interconnected.

Check the E120 displays other SeaTalk data you have on the Network, for example Depth or speed? If yes, then the E120 is correctly connected to SeaTalk.

Check that the Autopilot control is enabled in the System integration menu, it could be this is why there is a cross through the Autopilot icon.

However, the progress further, we really need to know a system schematic, what is fitted, how it is connected and the full fault symptoms.
Regards

Derek
07-19-18, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 11:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,
Thank you for the reply. I was having problems with the E120 not seeing my GPS antenna, but after rewiring the Seatalk connection, it now works fine. So, I assume that the Seatalk connection is now working. I did check the System Integration menu and it was NOT enabled. I have now enabled it, but the cross did not go away. I will have to wait to take the boat out for a ride to see if it now will follow a route. Also, I am in the process of tracing the wiring for my network. The PO did not have a diagram, so I am stumbling through the process. I am sure I will have more questions as I develop the schematic.
Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks,
Jeff Gardiner
07-20-18, 11:10 AM
Hi Jeffg,

Thanks for the feedback, check the route operation by simply establishing a GO TO waypoint action, if the pilot tracks towards the waypoint then all is well.

Regards

Derek