Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] LH2 to LH3 update
02-25-18, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-18 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] LH2 to LH3 update
I have a Gs165 and on the fence about doing the update on my unit. Has anyone done it and do you have any regrets? Specifically about losing and what I’m going to gain. Any help will be appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-18, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-18 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] LH2 to LH3 update
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum ReelShocker,

Q. Specifically about losing and what I’m going to gain.
A. The requested information if available through a Compare LH 2 and LH 3 Features link found on the LightHouse 3 for eS/gS-Series MFDs web page. At this time, the primary reason that a customer will be updating an eS/gS-Series MFD to LH 3 is to interface an Axiom or Axiom Pro MFD with the system. Through software updates occurring through 2018, it is expected that the most of the remaining major features of LH 2 will be implemented in LH 3.
03-08-18, 06:52 PM
Hey Chuck
I backed up my waypoints and settings and removed card. Connected to WiFi and looked for updates and it said that there was none.
03-09-18, 08:47 AM
ReelShocker,

When updating the software within eS/gS-Series MFDs from LightHouse II software to LightHouse 3 software, the update can only be performed by using a microSD memory card which has been populated with the LightHouse 3 software update file for eS/gS-Series MFDs.