Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Networking E120 classic with E120 Hybrid
02-27-18, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-18 09:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Networking E120 classic with E120 Hybrid
I found a thread on seatalk HS problems networking two E120 classics and one of the solutions was to update both displays to the latest versions. In this instance v5.65 for the classic. The Hybrid uses v2.65. I am trying to network the two. Is this impossible or is there a solution?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-18, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-18 11:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Networking E120 classic with E120 Hybrid
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mcduck52,

Unfortunately, E-Series Widescreen MFDs are not designed to be interfaced to an Ethernet network which additionally includes an E-Series Classic MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject and identifying how to create more limited communications between these two types of MFDs.
04-03-18, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-18 11:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have added a E series classic MFD to the helm station and have a E series Widescreen HybridTouch under the cockpit dodger installed by the previous owner. I wish only to have basic information from the existing ng network (like GPS data) and have been led to believe it is possible by your reply to my original post. This will work for me as the helm station is to be used only for navigation in close quarters using a seperate chart card. What connectors do I need to get from the seatalk connector on the back of the classic to the existing ng backbone some 15' from the helm station? I can only find a short adapter cable to go fron seatalk2 to ng on the classic and then a 5M spur cable to rout to the backbone. How can I connect the two? Must they be spliced?
04-03-18, 11:38 AM
mcduck52,

While is it certainly possible to splice the A06061 E-Series Classic to SeaTalkng Spur Cable a SeaTalkng Spur Cable to create a spur cable which does not exceed 6m in total length, the preferred method of interfacing the E-Series Classic MFD to the system would be to extend the backbone to the the location of the E-Series MFD and add a spur socket at that location.