Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Shared Charts on 2 MFD in one network
02-27-18, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-18 11:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Shared Charts on 2 MFD in one network
Hi,
after having been struck by lightning (in Panama), we had to replace our entire Navigation and we decided to go for a complete Raymarine solution.
OK, now that except for the depth transducer everything is installed (Axiom 12 pro s, Axiom 7, Evolution 400 ... HSS, ITC5, Quantum), I was hoping that the two MFD's would share the Charts.
The network seems to work OK and waypoints that are entered on the Axiom 12 (Datamaster) appear on the Axiom 7 as well.
What does not seem to work is that the Charts (microSD in the Axiom 12) are also used by the Axiom 7.
I am sure that is it only a tick box which I may habe missed ... but so far , I could not find it.
Please, maybe one of you may know why the Charts are not showing on the second MFD.

Thanks,
Joachim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-18, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-18 11:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Shared Charts on 2 MFD in one network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joachim,

Unfortunately, when using the LightHouse v3.2.x or LightHouse v3.3.x software releases, Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs may not share Navionics cartography with other networked Axiom or Axiom Pro MFDs. This feature is expected to be addressed in the LightHouse v3.4x software update currently scheduled for release in mid-March (date subject to change depending upon testing results). You may want to consider signing up to become a beta tester for the LightHouse v3.4.x software release by following the directions found here. In this case, I would recommend that you be clear to indicate that your Axiom MFD is presently unable to share Navionics charts with another networked Axiom MFD and that the MFDs have been interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network.
02-28-18, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-18 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck, a bit disappointing that such feature was not yet implemented in the latest models. I was under the Impression that this would work ...

I will have to wait for the next release and hope for the best. As our next Long trip will take us from Panama to Easter Island, I am not sure if I would actually want to risk sailing with a beta Version ... I need to think about it whether or not I will apply.
Unfortunately, the update files are so huge that I can only hope that the Internet will be sufficiently stable to do he download (this is anyhow one of the biggest criticism for blue water sailors; updating Software when already receiving an email is a challenge is no Option)
03-01-18, 09:41 AM
Joachim,

For clarification purposes, the software and system was designed to support sharing of Navionics, C-Map, and LightHouse Charts within a network of MFDs. Unfortunately, a software defect may prevent sharing of Navionics charts from occurring within some systems. As indicated, the LightHouse v3.4.x software update is presently expected to correct this issue. Have the v3.3.170 software update on a microSD memory card would permit the MFD's software to be downgraded should v3.4.x beta software not prove stable enough for you use. Regarding downloading software, you may want to consider seeking out a Internet cafe, marina, hotels, restaurants, or other locations offering Wi-Fi Internet access for such purposes should your vessel's own Internet access not have sufficient bandwidth for downloading product software updates.