Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] AXIOM Pro Waypoint Import Issues
02-24-18, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-18 04:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] AXIOM Pro Waypoint Import Issues
Hi Chuck,

I enjoyed our brief discussion last Friday, and I am reporting on my results importing waypoints into my AXIOM-12 Pro. Overall, I would qualify the effort as successful as 92% of the waypoints imported so I am much better off than before. I have attached some files with more details for your information and possible resolution.

Jon Spain

P.S. Was unable to upload any files. Just got error messages. Will try to send same to you via private message.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-18, 04:52 PM
RE: [CA] AXIOM Pro Waypoint Import Issues
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

Attachments cannot be included within PMs. To add an attachment, to a thread or post:
1) click on the Choose File button beneath the Thread Subscription options.
2) use the displayed file explorer dialog to select the file which you desire to add
3) click on the Add Attachment button beneath the Thread Subscription options to add the chosen file to the thread / post.
4) repeat steps 2 through 3 for any additional files to be added ... recommend that the number of attachments be limited to 4 per thread / post.
5) click on the Post Replay button to submit the thread / post for moderation

Should the problem persist, then please specify the type (.gpx, .jpg, etc.) and size of each of the files which you are attempting to attach to the thread / post.
02-28-18, 04:34 PM
Trying again to attach the files but I continue to get a "Can't Reach This Page" error after I Browse to the file location on my PC, highlight the file, and then click "Add Attachment".

As I said in my PM to you, I have enclosed a link to a SharePoint folder that has a copy of the files I was trying to upload. You should be able to open the link and copy the files from there assuming your firewall and security settings will allow it.

The Folder contains file types "docx"; "FSH"; "Gpx". Total size is 1.15MB.

Jon

Link is below:

https://hms89net-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g...g?e=feTvCL
02-28-18, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-18 05:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Jon,

When any one of the constraints identified within the FAQ found here, data import may only be partial. I found the following constraints violations with a very quick check of Export Wpts & Rts 2018-02-23.GPX using GPS Utility:
- 92-71 INSD SBK 26F - Name longer than 16 characters
- 60 LADY'S W WALL - Name includes apostrophe character
- 60 SMUGLER'S - Name includes apostrophe character
- 65 ALBERT'S ENTR - Name includes apostrophe character
- 65 FRY'S ENTRNC - Name includes apostrophe character

I found the following constraints violations with a very quick check of Export Wpts 2018-02-23.GPX using GPS Utility:
- 92-71 INSD SBK 26F - Name longer than 16 characters
- 60 LADY'S W WALL - Name includes apostrophe character
- 60 SMUGLER'S - Name includes apostrophe character
- 65 ALBERT'S ENTR - Name includes apostrophe character
- 65 FRY'S ENTRNC - Name includes apostrophe character
03-01-18, 01:47 PM
Thanks Chuck for figuring this out. I had mistakenly assumed the old waypoints that worked in the E120 classic would be OK for the AXIOM but the apostrophe character is apparently a new constraint.

The 16 character violation is because I can't count. That waypoint did import to the AXIOM but the last character (the 17th character) was truncated.

Jon
03-01-18, 04:18 PM
You're welcome.