Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] error - no drive detected
03-01-18, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-18 02:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] error - no drive detected
I get this message every time I try to engage the autopilot. Error - Warning no drive detected.
The system is an Axiom Pro 16, EV2, and SeaStar optimus with joystick and sea station.
This is a new boat and it worked on the sea trial, but now gives this warning.
What should I check or reset?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-18, 02:56 PM
RE: [CA] error - no drive detected
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

The currently installed versions of software within the within SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices which have been interfaced to the system's backbone may be determined by executing the command sequence MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT System via the p70. What versions of software are installed within the p70 and EV2 respectively?
03-14-18, 08:16 PM
Chuck,

the software is

P70 - v3.07
EV2 - 2.17 (RSCP V1 L4)
03-15-18, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-18 09:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark,

Should you the NMEA 2000 connection to the steering system be good, engines and all electronics have been switched ON, and the problem persists, then it would be recommended that the software within the Evolution autopilot components be downgraded to:
- EV-2: v1.11 (see attachment)
- p70: v2.17 (see attachment)

Attached File(s)
.zip  p70_2,17 (via a_c_e_gS Series v7xx.zip (Size: 3.36 MB / Downloads: 1001)
.zip  CCU_v1.11 (via a_c_e_gS Series v7xx.zip (Size: 594.55 KB / Downloads: 328)
03-15-18, 07:16 PM
I'm really not sure when it quit working. So would you recommend the downgrade anyway? Also, I'm concerned why I would be downgrading software? It's a brand new 2018 boat, with new engines, all new electronics etc...downgrade??
03-16-18, 09:15 AM
Mark,

Q1. So would you recommend the downgrade anyway?
A1. Should you the NMEA 2000 connection to the steering system be good, engines and all electronics have been switched ON, and the problem persists, then it would indeed be recommended that the software within these autopilot components be downgraded. Additionally, following the downgrade, it would be recommended that a Pilot Factory Reset be performed, that the Dockside Wizard be executed again, and that the vessel then be taken out again to determine its handling characteristics and deviation table.

Q2. Also, I'm concerned why I would be downgrading software?
A2. The EV2 - 2.17 software has been reported to have a defect which can cause the reported symptom ... hence the reason to downgrade. Again, should the problem have manifested itself after having satisfied the conditions specified above, then it would be recommended that the software within the autopilot components be downgraded to correct the reported behavior.
03-16-18, 09:49 AM
Thanks so much for your help!
03-16-18, 09:54 AM
You're welcome.