Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] FLIR M232 and e165
03-03-18, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-18 04:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] FLIR M232 and e165
Are the FLIR M232 cameras compatible with the e165 MFDs running lighthouse 2? If so, is it through Wifi or a wired connection? I have 2 e165 screens and I am adding an Axiom Pro RVX. Can I wire the camera to the Axion and also have it wired or wireless to the e165? I understand that I can’t network the Axiom and e165s together due to lighthouse versions, but the e165 screens are at the helm and easily visible where as the Axiom will be in an electronics box overhead and a little less accessible.

Separately, what can I use to share depth data between Axiom and the e165s?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-18, 09:46 AM
RE: [CA] FLIR M232 and e165
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tjdurocher,

Q1. Are the FLIR M232 cameras compatible with the e165 MFDs running lighthouse 2?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. If so, is it through Wifi or a wired connection?
A2. Communications between the M132 and M232 thermal cameras and a compatible MFD will need to occur via a wired Ethernet Network connection to the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switch or to one of the MFD's Ethernet Network sockets.

Q3. I have 2 e165 screens and I am adding an Axiom Pro RVX. Can I wire the camera to the Axiom and also have it wired or wireless to the e165?
A3. Negative.

Q4. what can I use to share depth data between Axiom and the e165s?
A4. As indicated within the FAQ found here, should the Data Master MFD running LightHouse II software and a Data Master MFD running LightHouse 3 software each be interface as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone then limited communications (i.e. alphanumeric GPS, depth, instrument, navigation, and system state data) will be supported between the MFDs running LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply