Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] AXIOM Realvision 3D Screen Freezing
03-05-18, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-18 11:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] AXIOM Realvision 3D Screen Freezing
I have an AXIOM Pro RVX w/ LH 3.2.101 installed (cannot use version 3.3.170 because it does not support my Navionics+ charts)

On a recent fishing trip the AXIOM Pro screen would freeze when displaying Realvision 3D, Sidevision, or Downvision. I have a pair of RV-220 thru hull transducers installed which are connected directly to the AXIOM Pro.

The Sonar displays began working again when returning to shallower water. I have deduced that at depths greater than approximately 150 feet, the display freezes after some period of time and the AXIOM attempts to reboot itself. The display seemed to work reliably at depths less than 125 feet. Please advise?

Jon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-18, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-18 11:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] AXIOM Realvision 3D Screen Freezing
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

While I realize that v3.3.170 software may cause issues with the MFD's power swipe and/or use of Navionics cartography, it should have addressed the reported symptoms. It would be recommended the system (updated with v3.3.170 and logs erased) be tested in the manner which you have described while the Navionics chart card is not present within the MFD's memory card reader (... use a LightHouse chart card or no cartography). Should the problem persist, then please save the logs and system logs to a microSD memory card and then attach them to a response to this post. Better yet, sign up to become a Raymarine Product Tester for LightHouse 3 software if you have not done so already. If you have, please let me know and I'll send an endorsement. In this way, it may be possible to permit you to test this problematic scenario with LightHouse v3.4.x software currently in development as well as future releases.
03-09-18, 12:21 PM
I will signup to be a product tester for LH3 and let you know how it goes.

I will probably wait for the imminent release of 3.4 to repeat the test since getting to deep water means going several miles offshore and I really want this to all work with Navionics+.

Jon
03-09-18, 12:36 PM
Noted.