Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability
03-05-18, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-18 07:18 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability
We purchased a 1990 Wellcraft that has a Raytheon R20X Raster Scan Radar display and a 24" enclosed Radome. The numbers are faded on the Ray dome but from research I believe it to be a M89950(still is Raytheon branded). We believe that these are original units so circa 1990.

The unit (display) does not power up. We boat on the Mississippi/ St Croix River and radar is not a must, honestly have never had a boat with it. Thru research I have found the the displays go bad but rarely do the radomes themselves. I am trying to find a used unit to install just to have an operational unit that is likely to be used just a handful of times a year. I have found a R40X unit and I believe this unit would be a plug and play for the R20X I have.

Can someone lend me some insite please??
Find all posts by this user
03-06-18, 07:19 AM
RE: (DG) Older Radar/ Ray dome capability
Hi boardman74

I believe this is a duplicate post, but the Radome you have can be connected to either a R20X display or an R40X display
Regards
03-06-18, 06:47 PM
It was a double because I thought the other one did not post. Then almost 24 hours later they both posted. Sorry for that..
03-07-18, 05:55 AM
Hi boardman74
no worries, have a great day!
Thread Closed