Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Es127 Wifi
03-09-18, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-18 10:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Es127 Wifi
I am replacing my e120 classic with a new Es127. I use a third party racing software that required nmea data from my e120. This was facilitated by the use of a wifi dongle hardwired to the e120nmea output.

As the es127 has a built in wifi, I am curious if the dongle will not be necessary. Does the unit broadcast nmea data via its internal wifi ?

I also purchased a quantum radome, wifi only version, and would this pose a conflict in any way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-18, 10:42 AM
RE: [CA] Es127 Wifi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kevin,

Q1. Does the unit broadcast nmea data via its internal wifi ?
A1. While Raymarine's Wi-Fi equipped MFDs are designed to stream video of the MFD's screen image to mobile devices running Raymarine's Mobile apps and may be remotely controlled by Raymarine's RayControl or RayRemote Mobile app, Raymarine's Wi-Fi equipped MFDs are not designed to broadcast system data to mobile devices or computers via Wi-Fi. Accordingly, the NMEA 0183 to Wi-Fi communications interface which had been used with the E-Series Classic MFD would also need to be used with one of Raymarine's Wi-Fi equipped MFDs.

Q2. I also purchased a quantum radome, wifi only version, and would this pose a conflict in any way.
A2. Negative. MFDs operating with the latest LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software update are designed to be compatible with Quantum radomes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply