Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Raymarine Package with new Azimut 50 Fly
03-14-18, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-18 11:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Raymarine Package with new Azimut 50 Fly
Hi,

I am buying a 2018 Azimut Fly and it comes with a Raymarine package:

4 a125-two on fly, two at inside helm
2 VHF 260- one on fly, one at inside helm
ACU 300
EV-1
2 p70r
2 i70
DST800
VCM 100
HS-5
2 RMK-9
Open array HD 4kw 48" color

I want to add AIS transmit and receive, and the FLIR M100.

One how is the factory set up I described? Some people say it's old and better/newer is available.

What unit do I need for the AIS?

Can I add the M100 and how is it?

What charts should I use? I am coming out of a GARMIN 7616 set up? I assume Navionics is best?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-18, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-18 11:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Raymarine Package with new Azimut 50 Fly
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ooohaha,

Q1. One how is the factory set up I described? Some people say it's old and better/newer is available.
A1. Raymarine's a-Series MFDs have been replaced by Raymarine's Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs within its product lines. LightHouse II software updates for the a-Series were being developed through April 2017, with each update adding new features to the original design of the product. While Raymarine is no longer developing LightHouse II software, its feature set was extensive and fully documented within its reference manual. The Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs utilize LightHouse 3 software. Should one be seeking features exclusive to LightHouse 3 software (ex. RealVision 3D sonar, ClearCruise, Miracast, etc.) documented within the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operations Guide, or support for future LightHouse features not yet announced, or for future accessories planned exclusively for Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs, then these MFDs would be considered the product of choice. BTW, all of the Raymarine products which you have listed, except for the a-Series MFDs, are compatible with Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs.

Q2. What unit do I need for the AIS?
A2. If seeking a Class B AIS transceiver, then it would be recommended that an AIS700 be chosen.

Q3. Can I add the M100 and how is it?
A3. If the a-Series MFDs are updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software, then they may be interfaced to a FLIR M100 or M200 thermal camera.

Q4. What charts should I use? I am coming out of a GARMIN 7616 set up? I assume Navionics is best?
A4. Chart preferences are subjective. MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software may use any or all of the types of cartography found here.
03-15-18, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-18 11:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks!

OooHaHa
Azimut 50 Flybridge

USCG 50 ton Master
03-15-18, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-18 11:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome.