Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Recording Sailboat Racing Data
03-15-18, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-18 11:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Recording Sailboat Racing Data
Is there a Raymarine product(s) which will record sailboat racing data to include boat speed, wind speed and direction, in addition to the track sailed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-18, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-18 11:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Recording Sailboat Racing Data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tnauck,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the present system feature a device outputting the desired data and have a NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 communications interface (the latter will need to be adapted to output NMEA 0183), then RayTech RNS 6.2's tracks feature may be used to record all supported data received from the system. RayTech's logprocess feature may then be used to extract the desired data items (channels) from the track. You may also want consider searching the Internet for other computer applications which may support recording data from a NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 data source.
03-16-18, 10:36 AM
Chuck,

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the RayTech docs and will spend some time reviewing them. I'll also take a look on the App Store for more current programs that connect wirelessly to iPad. I'd be interested in what other forum members have tried as well. Thanks.
03-16-18, 01:15 PM
Tnauck,

You're welcome. Please note that Raymarine products are not designed to support communicating system data via Wi-Fi. Such capability would require that a SeaTalk to Wi-Fi (ex. Brookhouse iMux, etc.), NMEA 0183 to Wi-Fi (ex. Digital Yacht iNAVHub, etc.), or NMEA 2000 to Wi-Fi (ex. Yacht Devices NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway YDWG-02, etc.) device be interfaced to the system.