Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
05-07-18, 09:04 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
Good Morning Chuck,

I had a chance to be on my boat over the weekend and I checked on the installed equipment. A list is attached. I am attaching a drawing of the before and after installation of the 130 GPS and the Seatalk NG converter.

Basically I followed the enclosed directions and removed the smaller originally installed connecting block, and replaced it with the Searalk NG Converter. The wiring harness for the navionics was installed at the factory and it is extremely difficult to determine exactly where some of the wire terminate...thus the ??? on the cables leaving the threeway connector (original) and the returning cable from the autopilot. I suspect that one of the cables attached to the old threeway connector goes to the MFD and the other to the instuments at the starboard helm, but its impossible to tell which one. With the system on I removed the cables from #1 and #2 positions on the threeway connecting block one by one, and got a warning on the MFD that there was no heading information. I pulled the MFD out of the console enough to see the cables attached to the back, but none are labeled. If you could direct me to a diagram of the back of the MFD I would be appreciative.

Now that I have determined that I have an S3 autopilot and the converter appears to have the correct software, and the MFD has the latest software upgrade....I assume from your last post that you feel that the cable from the MFD needs to be replaced. As mentioned above, I assume with your assistance I can determine where the cable emits from the MFD, but I can only assume at this point where it connects to the backbone. Is it correct to assume that it needs to be attached to the vacant white post of the new Seatalk coverter? Once removed from the back of the MFD, and with assistance I can probably determine where it ends, but if the connecting ends are too large to be pulled from the raceway it will be difficult and we will need to re-route the cable. Can this cable be spliced if needed?

Lastly, your last post indicated that that after upgrading the MFD software to the new version it was recommended that a factory reset be performed. I was reluctant to do that because I didn't want to loose all my settings (depth offset, heading settings, etc.) and none of that was addressed. Do you feel that this could be my problem with the time issue??

Thank you again for your assistance.

Charles Sanchez
509 998 7131c
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-23-18, 12:40 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-24-18, 11:57 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-07-18 09:04 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-10-18, 03:11 PM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-05-19, 09:06 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-16-19, 11:31 PM