Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] upgrading Lighthouse 2 to 3 ES 97 help
03-23-18, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-18 09:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] upgrading Lighthouse 2 to 3 ES 97 help
Any advice on how exactly to up date a ES 97 from light house II to Light house III? I tried to several times but I am obviously doing something wrong. I received the email from raymarine with the upgrade. put the file on the card and inserted it but I must be missing a step.

The file size was about 240k.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-18, 01:45 PM
RE: [CA] upgrading Lighthouse 2 to 3 ES 97 help
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum 51timber,

When updating the software within eS/gS-Series MFDs from LightHouse II software to LightHouse 3 software, the update can only be performed by using a microSD memory card which has been populated with the LightHouse 3 software update file for eS/gS-Series MFDs. The LightHouse 3 v3.3.170 for eS/gS-Series MFDs software update file (raymarine_eS_gS_LH3.upgrade.iso) must be either directly downloaded to the root level directory of the microSD memory card. Alternatively, this file may be downloaded to your browser's default download location (typically your Downloads folder), copied or cut, and then pasted into the root level directory of the microSD memory card. After inserting the microSD memory card into the memory card reader of the eS/gS-Series MFD, the MFD will be commanded to check the card for updates. A dialog will then be displayed indicating that updates have been found and included a prompt to proceed ... select this prompt. Check the tickbox next to the MFD and select to reinstall the software (this prompt to reinstall and the failure to list the v3.3.170 software update are software defects, but will not prevent installation of the v3.3.170 software update).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply