Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] A97 to Axiom 9RV Upgrade and additional new electronics
03-28-18, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 11:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] A97 to Axiom 9RV Upgrade and additional new electronics
Hi, Chuck, and thanks for your reply! My replies where appropriate begin with R.

Q. I would appreciate any overall advice or comments you might have when looking at the schematic. Nothing new is set in stone.
A. The communications diagram does not presently include a power insertion spur for the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. It is considered to be best practice to power the backbone via a dedicated switched 12VDC power circuit rather than relying on an autopilot ACU or course computer to provide power.
R. Thank you. My Diagram is a bit confusing. In the middle-left, there is a box with "+12 V Switched @ Helm". That connects to the SeaTalkng spur cable connection of the ITC5 to provide power to the SeaTalkng backbone.

Q6b. Is my estimate of 11 Amps reasonable?
A6b. How will the radome and thermal camera be powered?
R6b. I was intending to to power the Radome and Camera via the same NP-12. I am attaching my power budget spreadsheet. Values come from the web site or product documentation. The assumption when calculating Amps from Watts where needed is 12V are available. Any comments are, of course, appreciated.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] A97 to Axiom 9RV Upgrade and additional new electronics - khm97 - 03-28-18 09:21 AM