Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] MFD Upgrade to run CMOR Card
03-25-18, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-18 10:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] MFD Upgrade to run CMOR Card
I currently have a C120W connected to an 18" Digital Radome Scanner, DSM30 Sounder Module, and EV200 Autopilot.

I am interested in the CMOR Gulf of Maine Card. It is my understanding from the compatibility information on the CMOR site that my C120W will not support the CMOR card.

What would be the most cost efficient MFD upgrade 9" or larger that I could use with my existing radar, sounder, and pilot instruments that will also support the CMOR card?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-18, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-18 11:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] MFD Upgrade to run CMOR Card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TideRace,

The last Raymarine MFDs to support a DSM30 were Raymarine's eS-Series MFD and gS-Series MFDs. That said, Raymarine's latest MFD designs, the Axiom DV & RV MFDs & Axiom Pro S and Axiom Pro RVX MFDs, would be recommended. Each of these MFDs are designed to support the types of cartography documented on Raymarine’s Electronic Marine Charts web page. Of these supported types, Raymarine's licensed LightHouse Charts tool has been used by CMOR Mapping to produce its high resolution seafloor mapping. While any of the MFDs listed above (updated with the latest available) LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software update may use CMOR Mapping chart cards, it may presently be necessary to temporarily remove any other chart card(s) from the memory card readers of the system's MFD(s) whenever using a CMOR Mapping chart card within the memory card reader of one of the system's MFDs. Raymarine is currently investigating whether this limitation may be corrected via a future MFD software update.

The currently installed radome and autopilot may retained for use with any of the above listed MFDs. As the listed Axiom and Axiom Pro MFD feature internal fishinder circuitry designed to permit these MFDs to be interfaced directly to transducers designed to be directly mated to a DSM30 or DSM300, it may then be possible to eliminate the DSM30 from your system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing a C-Series Widescreen MFD with an Axiom or Axiom Pro MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing a C-Series Widescreen MFD with an eS/gS-Series MFD.
03-27-18, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 07:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

Thank you for all of the detailed information and references. I will start reading.

TideRace
03-28-18, 07:44 AM
You're welcome.