Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom 9 / Navionics + Card
03-25-18, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 12:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom 9 / Navionics + Card
I have installed the Axiom 9 (Model 18078087) with Navionics + North American Charts. I had purchased it with the EV-150 Autopilot from West Marine. I went through the set-up, as well as the update via WiFi.

The Axiom came with a Navionics + Bundle MSD/EB-3/R3. The card does not for the slot in the back of the unit. I searched all of the install and user documents I could find any procedure on the installation of the card.

Q1: Do I have the correct Navionics card?
Q2: Where /how do I install the card in the Axiom 9?

Thanks, Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-18, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 12:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom 9 / Navionics + Card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

The chart card received is indeed the correct chart card for your MFD. In short, the microSD chart card is housed within a SD to microSD adapter sleeve to support provided to support updating the chart card's contents via a computer. The MFD's memory card reader is located on the backside of the MFD beneath the rubber cover. This subject is covered in detail with Section 3.8 Memory card compatibility of the LightHouse 3.3 Advanced Operation Instructions.
03-29-18, 05:51 PM
I figured it had to be something so simple. It was hard to find out any info on the installation of the Navionics + Micro SD. In any case, all done and the Axiom 9 is reading charts and syncing with the EV autopilot.

Thanks Chuck!
03-30-18, 07:55 AM
You're welcome.