Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmed Wi-Fi SSID Bug in v16.47?
04-03-16, 04:24 PM
Confirmed Wi-Fi SSID Bug in v16.47?
I noticed after I upgraded to v16.47 that all 3 of my MFDs (a9, e147, & e145) were no longer able to connect to my Wi-Fi. Ultimately I factory reset my Data Master (the e147) and I also factory reset my wi-fi router. What I confirmed was that when my SSID was named "Out of Africa" (exactly as typed) all of the MFDs were unable to connect. If i rename the SSID to anything else, they were able to connect. I confirmed this several times. I ultimately had to rename my entire wi-fi network just so the MFDs could connect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-16, 05:01 PM
RE: Confirmed Wi-Fi SSID Bug in v16.47?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jeokeefe,

Thanks for pointing out this problem. Is it possible that the other names used did not include space between characters?
04-04-16, 06:02 PM
The name I use now is the guest network "Out of Africa - Guest". As I mentioned I factory reset the router and the MFD and had the issue still with "Out of Africa". It should be noted that "Out of Africa" worked fine with all of the v15.x releases.
04-05-16, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-16 10:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
jeokeefe,

A problem report will be logged accordingly. For completeness in preparing the problem report, what type of Wi-Fi security was your Wi-Fi router configured with?
04-05-16, 10:34 AM
It was the default settings after the factory reset. I tried it with both "WPA/WPA2" and "WPA2 Only".
04-05-16, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the additional information.