Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom pro rvx
03-27-18, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 01:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom pro rvx
I recently purchased an axiom pro rvx 12. After the install everything was working great with the charts, however when i upgraded software it is now sporadically losing all use of the navionics charts, it stopped even seeing there was a chip in the top slot. The unit “sees” the chip in the lower slot but doesnt change the base charts even when selected.

On two different occasions when returning home with the boat on the trailer i have heard the transducers “pinging” even though the unit is off. At this time the power button doesnt respond at all. Wont power the unit on or off, the only way to get the unit powered up is disconnecting the power and then reconnecting it.

Are these known issues that will be fixed in the new software update?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-18, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 02:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom pro rvx
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

We're sorry to learn of the reported issues. Given that the MFD's Power button, not to be confused with an Axiom MFD's Power Swipe) is not responding at all, it is recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Regarding the chart problem, what type(s) of chart card(s) are you using with your MFD? Regarding the pinging heard, does your system have any fishfinder sounder modules interfaced to it (ex. CP370, CP470, etc.)?
03-28-18, 05:36 PM
i am currently using the included navionics plus chip from the bundle. The transducers are ran directly from the mfd.
03-29-18, 07:57 AM
Brian,

Regarding the issue of transducers pinging when the marine electronics have been switched OFF, this issue has not previously been reported and should be identified as a symptom when having the MFD serviced.

Regarding the problem with Navionics+ cartography, it is quite possible that this problem will be resolved within the LightHouse 3 v3.4.x software update currently scheduled for release at the end of this week. When sending the MFD in for service, we do not typically recommend that on send in their chart card. However, in this case, it would be recommended that the chart card accompany the MFD, that you request that the MFD's software be updated with the latest available software update, and that the MFD be tested with your chart card prior to shipping the MFD back to you.