Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom RV to DV transducer cable question
03-28-18, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 10:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom RV to DV transducer cable question
The massively long plug on this "adapter" cable makes it impossible to fit my Axiom 9 in either of the helm pods I'm considering.

If I can shave off an inch of the strain relief then it will fit. And since the cable will not see any movement it really doesn't need the strain relief.

The pic I've attached shows the plastic I need to remove in order to make things fit.

My question - are there any electronics in the plug (the end that connects to the MFd)?

Or, is there a 90-degree adapter that I don't know about?

My only other option is to use a helm pod twice the size of my MFD - which would not only look bad but make the cockpit even more cramped.

Thank you,

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-18, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 10:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom RV to DV transducer cable question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

It is strongly advised that transducer cables not be modified. Raymarine offers the A80515 Right Angle RV Transducer Adapter Cable for such applications. Raymarine also offers right angle power cables for Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs.
03-29-18, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 01:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for the fast response.
Can you provide a link to the A80515 cable? I've searched and only found it mentioned on an Australian and Russian site - both with it as "unavailable".
Is it possibly an Airmar cable (with a different number).

I'd prefer to use a right angle adapter if I could find one.

Thank you,

Chris
03-29-18, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 01:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chris,

Raymarine does produce web pages for each of Raymarine part or accessory. The subject cable is available and may be ordered / purchased from any authorized Raymarine dealer or from Raymarine Order Services. This cable is not produced by Airmar.