Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] e97 down and side vision?
03-28-18, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] e97 down and side vision?
I currently have a Raymarine e97 hybrid touch chart plotter in my boat which is a 2014 Monterey 34SY cruiser. Can I get my unit to display a down vision and side vision screens as I see on some of the newer units? My fish finder screens do show me the bottom but not with the great detail I see today. I do not fish very much but live on a man-made lake in upstate NY that has many shallow spots and also many underground obstacles like stone walls and old foundations, tree stumps and so on from when the area was flooded many years ago to make the lake. I would love a better view of the bottom and what these obstacles and structures look like. The lake is only about 55 feet deep at its deepest point and typically you are in 10-25 feet or less. It’s often tough as you see rocks when you go into these areas sometimes and you need to lift your engines quickly or back up. My current setup integrates with my Axius Joystick system and the mercury vessel view monitors I have (1 for each engine). Would I need simply a different transducer than what I have. My book says I have a clear view /traditional through hull transducer. Can 2 transducers hook to my e97 unit ? as I would like to keep the existing one working as it does work great. Any help you can give me is appreciated or any recommendation of what I might need to buy as far as a new transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-18, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] e97 down and side vision?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum fclemente695,

Q1. Can I get my unit to display a down vision and side vision screens as I see on some of the newer units?
A1. DownVision and SideVision features may be added to MFD's such as yours which are designed to run LightHouse II software. DownVision features may be added by interfacing the MFD to a CP100 DownVision Sounder Module to which a compatible DownVision transducer has been interfaced. SideVision features may be added by interfacing the MFD to a CP200 SideVision Sounder Module to which a CPT-200 transducer has been interfaced.

Q2. Would I need simply a different transducer than what I have.
A2. Negative. See the response to Q1.

Q3. Can 2 transducers hook to my e97 unit ?
A3. Negative. See the response to Q1. Installing one or both of the items specified in the response to Q1 would not require that on halt use the MFD's internal 600W 50kHz/200kHz sounder or the installed transducer.
03-29-18, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-18 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Since I posted this I figured out I have the Raymarine B60 Thru Hull Transducer model #E66087. Will this work with the CP-100? You said a CPT-200 is needed for the side vision unit so just wondering if the CP-100 will work with what I have and give me good detail. Thanks again.
03-30-18, 08:56 AM
fclemente695,

The B60 transducer is neither designed to support high CHIRP (conical) sonar nor DownVision sonar imaging. Accordingly, it would be necessary to install one to the DownVision transducers found here.