Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom and Analog Radar
03-29-18, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-18 01:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom and Analog Radar
Hi I have two questions that would help me if there is a resolution.

1) I have a 2006 320DA Sundancer with Ratheone analog radar that works well with my C80 MDF. I also have a Axion Rayvision MDF, can this radar be interfaced to the Axiom MDF.

2) I have also purchased a CPT300 transducer not installed as of yet. The unit I removed a A78 had a CPT100 which currently is connected to the Axiom. Is there any benefit of keeping the CPT100 installed when I install the 3D transducer?

Thanks for consideration

Russ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-18, 01:59 PM
RE: [CA] Axiom and Analog Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Russ,

Q1) I have a 2006 320DA Sundancer with Ratheone analog radar that works well with my C80 MDF. I also have a Axion Rayvision MDF, can this radar be interfaced to the Axiom MDF.
A1) Negative. The product names which you have referenced are not consistent with those used by Raymarine. I believe that you are attempting to indicate that you have an Axiom RV MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how radar features may be added to an Axiom MFD.

Q2) I have also purchased a CPT300 transducer not installed as of yet. The unit I removed a A78 had a CPT100 which currently is connected to the Axiom. Is there any benefit of keeping the CPT100 installed when I install the 3D transducer?
A3. Again, theproduct names which you have referenced are not consistent with those used by Raymarine. I believe that you are attempting to indicate that you have a RV-300 0 degree RealVision Transducer. If so, then there would be no reason to retain the CPT-100, as the RV-300 transducer is designed to support not only RealVision 3D sonar imaging, but also high CHIRP (conical) and DownVision sonar imaging as does the CPT-100.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply