Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] ES128 - Navionics chart issue
03-30-18, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-18 11:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] ES128 - Navionics chart issue
I have a es128, went to use the boat and it isn’t “seeing” my Navionics card (subscription good till 9/18). Everything worked fine last time out- no updates or anything (running v19.03). A message box popped up saying “no data on card”(see attached). I then updated the card again via computer and same message. Again- all worked fine last time out. No changes made to card (was not even ejected) nor MFD. just the message. Help please as I need it because we’re running the boat tonight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-18, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-18 12:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] ES128 - Navionics chart issue
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum rltrbill,

The MFD appears to be detecting the presence of a Navionics chart card within its reader, but is having problems accessing data from it. It is recommended that the chart card be ejected from the MFD's memory card reader and that its contacts be cleaned with a dry cotton cloth. The chart card should then be tested within each of the MFD's two microSD memory card reader slots. Should the problem persist, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the MFD's memory card reader slots. Should no fault be found with the MFD's memory card reader slots, then it would be recommended that the card's contents be erased using the Navionics Chart Installer and the chart card then be re-populated with Freshest Data, again via the Navionics Chart Installer. Should no fault be identified with the MFD's memory card reader and should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that Navionics (508-291-6000) be contacted for further recommendations.

Should the MFD's reader be determined to be operational and an immediate source of cartography be required, you may want to consider purchasing/downloading the LightHouse NOAA Raster or NOAA Vector Charts for your region to another microSD memory card (<32GB). LightHouse NOAA Raster and/or Vector charts and US iENC - Inland Electronic Charts can prove to be a very economical set of backup charts for one's system.
03-30-18, 02:52 PM
I cleaned the terminals with a microfiber cloth and not change. I then verified the functionality of the SD card slot with a screen shot (did both ports), place it into a laptop and saw the image. I went back into Navionics installer and it the trashcan logo under the check boxes for downloading. Once completed, I re-downloaded a map area. I will try this once I get home. I also purchased the above mentioned charts on another SD card as a backup- I will see if that works. Thanks and have a nice weekend.
04-04-18, 03:28 PM
Just a final update for you- The purchased charts off Raymarine chart store work fine. The Navionics still does not. After 2 hrs of trouble shooting with Navionics, it appears the SD card itself went bad. They are shipping me out a new one.
04-04-18, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the follow-up information.