Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom Pro transducer.
03-30-18, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-18 03:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom Pro transducer.
Hello, I am interested in upgrading my Raymarine C80 to an Axiom Pro. I'm primarily interested in fish finding with 3d rendering and understand the RV-200 transducer is recommended for the Axiom Pro. I plan to only use built in sonar module and do NOT plan to add external sonar module like Cp570. I fish in central california in 30-300 ft for yellowtail, WSB, and rockfish primarily.

My question regards the transducer. Is there a better choice of transducer than the RV-200 for the Axiom Pro. For instance would it be useful to use an Airmar B275 CHIRP 1KW wide beach transducer. Would there be any benefit? I know it would cost more but trying to understand any current or future benefit, considering it would be a thru-hull transducer install.

Thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-18, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-18 03:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom Pro transducer.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum highsurf,

Q. Is there a better choice of transducer than the RV-200 for the Axiom Pro. For instance would it be useful to use an Airmar B275 CHIRP 1KW wide beach transducer. Would there be any benefit? I know it would cost more but trying to understand any current or future benefit, considering it would be a thru-hull transducer install.

A. The Axiom Pro RVX MFD and RealVision transducer will work quite well in the depth range specified. The main advantage of the transducer which you have referenced is that it will put more power into the water, permitting greater depth range and stronger returns from weaker targets. It should be noted that the B275 alone will not support RealVision 3D, DownVision, and SideVision sonar imaging.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply