Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] new features
04-01-18, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-18 09:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] new features
I downloaded the just released lighthouse 3.4.66 on to a micro SD card to install on my Axiom MFD via the Raymarine external card reader. The MFD could not read the update from slot #2 (slot 1 has the cmap chart card installed. I had to remove the chart card from slot 1 and place the update card in slot 1 and it updated just fine. However, now the external card reader no longer reads the cmap card. I tried both external slots and even disconnected the remote reader and inserted the card in the back of the MFD. Any thoughts on curing this issue? Perhaps the Cmap card went bad?

Also, the new apps work fine with blue tooth. However, when speaking with your reps at FLIBS I was told that the blue tooth feature would project alarms. I tested this with the blue tooth speaker paired to the mfd, volume turned up and set off the shallow water alarm. No sound from the blue tooth speaker. Am I missing some setting?

Thank you,
Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-18, 10:14 AM
RE: [CA] new features
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Marc,

Q1. I downloaded the just released lighthouse 3.4.66 on to a micro SD card to install on my Axiom MFD via the Raymarine external card reader. The MFD could not read the update from slot #2 (slot 1 has the cmap chart card installed. I had to remove the chart card from slot 1 and place the update card in slot 1 and it updated just fine. However, now the external card reader no longer reads the cmap card. I tried both external slots and even disconnected the remote reader and inserted the card in the back of the MFD. Any thoughts on curing this issue? Perhaps the Cmap card went bad?
A1. It is recommended that your waypoints, routes, and tracks be backed up and that your system's configuration settings be noted. After doing so, it is recommended that a Factory Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET) be commanded to correct the reported problem. Should doing so not correct the problem, then it would be recommended that the chart card be taken to a Raymarine dealer and that it be tested within a MFD running either LightHouse II v19.03 or LightHouse 3 software (v3.3.170 or later) ... both would be better. Should cartography from the chart card not be able to be displayed within the dealer's displays, then it would be recommended that [url= http://lightmarine.c-map.com/]C-Map Recreational Marine (800.424.2627)[/url] for further guidance.

Q2. Also, the new apps work fine with blue tooth. However, when speaking with your reps at FLIBS I was told that the blue tooth feature would project alarms. I tested this with the blue tooth speaker paired to the mfd, volume turned up and set off the shallow water alarm. No sound from the blue tooth speaker. Am I missing some setting?
A2. As indicated within the FAQ found here, the list of features to be included within any software update is subject to change based upon testing results. Unfortunately, testing results of this feature were not satisfactory enough to include the subject feature within the LightHouse 3 v3.4.66 software update. It is presently Raymarine's intention to continue pursuing inclusion of the subject feature within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
04-04-18, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-18 01:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck. Before receiving your response I tried my C-Map card in a new Axiom at my dealer and it is not recognizing the card either. Therefore, I will contact C-Map for a replacement.

Marc
04-04-18, 01:33 PM
You're welcome.