Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Electronics Upgrade
06-11-18, 12:26 PM
RE: [CA] Electronics Upgrade
Hi Chuck,

I have installed the entire system and everything is working very well.
Thanks so much for your help.
I also added engine gateways from Fox Marine.
These are also working very well.
One question . . .
I do not have fuel tank level data from any source.
However, I have heard that some Raymarine units have the capability to provide 'estimated' fuel levels.
This is accomplished by knowing the capacity of the tank and when it has been filled.
Since the system knows fuel usage, it can estimate the remaining fuel in the tank.
Let me know if my Axiom Pro 12 has this capability and how to enable it.
Thanks,

Joe Regal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-18, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-18 01:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Joe,

Q. Since the system knows fuel usage, it can estimate the remaining fuel in the tank.
Let me know if my Axiom Pro 12 has this capability and how to enable it.
A. The feature which you have described is the Fuel Manager feature first introduced within LightHouse 3 v3.4.66. It is recommended that you verify that the software within the MFDs has been updated with the latest LightHouse 3 software for Axiom MFDs. If so, then you will simply need to set up the MFD's Fuel Manager configuration settings per the details found within Chapter 5.7: My data of the LightHouse 3.4 Advanced Operation Instructions. As the Fox Gateway does not support PGN 127497 (Fuel Used), be certain to select the option for Fuel flow rate (PGN 127489) within the Fuel Manager.
06-11-18, 02:20 PM
Hi Chuck,
Even though I just purchased the Axiom Pro, I don't think it has the latest version of software.
Is there a document that explains how to download and install the latest version?
Also, do I need to update software on other devices (Auto Pilot, VHF Radio, Radar, Instrument Display) at the same time?
Thanks,
Joe
06-11-18, 02:46 PM
Joe,

Detailed instructions for updating the software within your MFDs may be accessed via the LightHouse v3 for Axiom MFDs Software Update web page. It is recommended that software within all Raymarine products be maintained with the latest software updates. The compressed folder which will be downloaded to update the software within the MFDs, also contains software to update peripherals as well. Additional information addressing software updates may be found within Chapter 4.8 Software updates of the LightHouse 3.4 Advanced Operation Instructions.
06-27-18, 09:28 AM
Hi Chuck,
One more question about the Axiom Pro 12 S w/NAG Chart.
I would like to use the 'Auto Routing' feature.
Do I need a different chart for this?
Thanks,
Joe
06-27-18, 10:35 AM
Joe,

Negative. However, you will need to activate the Freshest Data subscription through Navionics via a computer with an Internet connection. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.