Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Wireless Remote Control of Autopilot EV-150
04-04-18, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-18 09:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Wireless Remote Control of Autopilot EV-150
Just had a Axiom 9 MFD + a RMK-10 and a EV-150 autopilot. I would like a wireless way to control the autopilot from the back of my boat. I found the Raycontrol, Rayviewer and Rayremote apps but only the viewer and remote can be downloaded to my iphone. I see I can use my ipad but do not really want to take that out fishing.

1) Is there anything I can do to get the app on my iphone?

2) Is there an alternative wireless remote option?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-18, 08:23 AM
RE: [CA] Wireless Remote Control of Autopilot EV-150
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Hooksdj,

Q1. Is there anything I can do to get the app on my iphone?
A1. Only RayView or RayRemote may be installed on a compatible smartphone. Either RayView or RayControl may be installed on a compatible tablet. RayRemote is not meant to be a substitute for RayControl, as displaying the app's control interface prevents one from simultaneously repeating the MFD's screen image on the smartphone. RayControl is more appropriately used with screen images which are being repeated on a TV screen and the RayControl app may then be used to remotely control the MFD when viewing the TV's screen.

Q2. Is there an alternative wireless remote option?
A2. Please note that Raymarine's mobile apps are not designed to support remote control of an autopilot. Such control is exclusively supported by installation of a S100 or SmartController wireless autopilot controller. The wireless bases station for these devices feature a SeaTalk communications interface, and therefore necessitate that a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter be added to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to permit the wireless base station to be interfaced to the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply