Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] AIS 650 Use With AIS PersonOverBoard Devices
04-05-18, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-18 08:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] AIS 650 Use With AIS PersonOverBoard Devices
I have an e7 MFD at the helm and an AIS650 and Ray 260 DSC VHF.

1) Can the system receive signals from life vest AIS Survivor Recovery devices such as the McMurdo Smartfind S20 and display the target on the e7?

2) Can I install an AIS Lifeguard MOB Alarm using the NMEA wires from the AIS650? All the Raymarine gear is on the STng bus, and I would just be feeding the alarm with the NMEA data to alert the offwatch if a single watchstander goes overboard.

Thanks
Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-18, 09:09 AM
RE: [CA] AIS 650 Use With AIS PersonOverBoard Devices
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Q1. Can the system receive signals from life vest AIS Survivor Recovery devices such as the McMurdo Smartfind S20 and display the target on the e7?
A1. LightHouse II v19.03 software in conjunction with compatible AIS receiver or transceiver will support SARTs (Search and Rescue Transponders). Detailed inform on this subject may be found within Chapter 12.1 AIS overview of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.

Q2. Can I install an AIS Lifeguard MOB Alarm using the NMEA wires from the AIS650? All the Raymarine gear is on the STng bus, and I would just be feeding the alarm with the NMEA data to alert the offwatch if a single watchstander goes overboard.
A2. The feature which you have inquired about is not supported.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply