Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Mounting ACU-150
04-17-18, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-18 03:18 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Mounting ACU-150
I am installing Evolution pilot with EV1 core and ACU 150 for a hydraulic system on an older Legacy 28. Instructions for the ACU say it must be installed vertically. The console bulkhead where I'd like to put the ACU has about a 15 degree aft slant. Will that be an issue or does it need to be shimmed out closer to 90 degree? Also it will be within 12" of the Yanmar instrument panel and Axiom display. Is that too close?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-18, 03:28 AM
RE: (DG) Mounting ACU-150
Hi randytank,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The 15 degree slant should not be an issue, the main reason for the vertical mounting is the cooling fins on the back of the acu need to be vertical to encourage air circulation to cool them when the computer is working hard, so 15 degrees off the vertical should be fine.

The separation of the ACU from the AXIOM and control panel should be checked with the ACU mounted temporarily in place,if the currents taken by the acu affect the AXIOM and the Yanmar panel you will need to move it further away, it is likely however that 12" would be adequate - although less than recommended.

regards
04-20-18, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-18 06:53 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks I've found a better spot that means a little more cabling but not a big deal. With the ACU150 is a 12 v source to the backbone still necessary? If it is connected to 12 v will it make any difference?
04-23-18, 07:01 AM
Hi randytank

The ACU 150 does not output 12v to the STng backbone and so you willneed a separate 12v supply to the STng Backbone as well as the 12v supply to the ACU150.

regards