The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Es97 touch screen issues
04-18-18, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-18 10:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Es97 touch screen issues
I have two MFD, one at each helm. Both of them have begun to behave badly. The touch function deteriorates after about 20 minutes to the point that it no longer works. Soon after that, the screen begins to act as if it's being touched all over the screen to the point that it starts to pick menu choices and change autopilot settings, turning the radar off, any random menu selection is being activated while enroute.

I clean the screen from any salt water residues, restart the entire system and the same dance begins again. 20 to 30 minutes later, I am having to same issues. The units are reasonably protected from direct seawater exposure.

My solution is to activate touch lock so the autopilot is not interrupted, but the screen beeps endlessly error messages that the touch lock is activated.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The units are less than a year old.

Thank you in advance for your help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Es97 touch screen issues - djpowers - 04-18-18 06:45 PM