Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) N with a square around it
04-25-18, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 04:12 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) N with a square around it
I have recently installed two Raymarine eS series MFDs. My system includes a Vesper Vision AIS that is connected to my lower eS 127 via NMEA 183. The AIS functions and displays properly. Almost every time I use this system, I have a problem where I get a square with N in the middle. There is a line connecting the box to the boat symbol, as if it is a vector. When this happens, I can no longer activate or exercise a route. The only way I have found to get rid of the box is to shut down the eS 127. I have spent hours searching thru the manual and can't find a reference to this symbol. Can you tell me what the symbol means? How I should get rid of it? And how I can keep from having this problem in the future?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-18, 04:23 AM
RE: (DG) N with a square around it
Hi shay

Thank you for your enquiry.

The symbol that you describe sounds like there is an active 'GoTo' waypoint from an NMEA source, (the N identifies the waypoint source as NMEA rather than a waypoint generated from the SeaTalk system).

Check what NMEA inputs to the system that you have, if in doubt start to disconnect them one at a time, also check that you do not have a data loop as well, since this can trigger the issue as well, check here for more details.

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply