Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Autopilot interference on echosounder
04-22-18, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-18 07:02 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Autopilot interference on echosounder
Hi

I´am experiencing serious interference from autopilot on my echosounder. All products are Raymarine.
- Evolution autopilot w/ ACU200
- eS128 MFD with CP370 sonar module
- Transducer is B260

The interference occurs when I switch from "standby" to "auto" on my evolution autopilot. Seems to me it is the hydraulic pump which makes the noise. The noise only occurs on 200 kHz and not on 50 kHz.

I have a GRP hull. All groundings as pr installation procedures. Ferrit cores fitted without success. Also tried to mount hyd.pump on rubber pads without scccess. Also tried to change pump and ACU200 unit without success.

The technical support in Norway is a disaster. They have noe clue what so ever.
Anybody can help ?
Anybody which can help ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-18, 07:09 AM
RE: (DG) Autopilot interference on echosounder
Hi sveok
Thank you for your enquiry.

Interference can be caused by many factors and so first of all it is important to identify how the interference is getting into the system.

There are a coupleof FAQs click here and click here too for more details. You may also find this advice helpfull too.

The fact that the interference starts when AUTO is selected suggests that the interference is being picked up through the cabling for the pump and the transducer. Do these cables run next to each other and can they be separated temporarily to test? Separating cables by 150mm can have a massive effect on reducing or eliminating the issue.

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply