Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAY60 with v1.28
06-08-16, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-16 09:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RAY60 with v1.28
I have a RAY60 with v1.28 (upgraded over the internet) - but I'm confused, I do not see v1.28 anywhere. I have a 2nd station that is new out of box with VH1.01 on it. When I turn on the 2nd station - I get a complete blank screen (I can see power).

I downloaded the v1.24 on a card, and told the a12 to check the card for upgrades, and it says there are none (probably because the radio is at a newer version that on the card).

I attempted to upgrade the handset to v1.04 as shown here : http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=13240 however that doesn't seem to work either.

Never see the 2nd handset show up on the a12 display or the RAY60 settings. Unit exhibits same behavior with 2nd station mic plugged directly into the ray60, as well as through the extension cable I purchased.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-16, 10:01 AM
RE: RAY60 with v1.28
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum psubill78,

The RayMic software and that of the Ray60/70 VHF Radio must both be updated with v1.04 and v1.24 software respectively to communicate with one another. The RayMic and Ray60/70 are designed to be switched ON/OFF independently of one another via their respective POWER buttons. The RayMic's screen simply repeats that of the Ray60/70's screen. The RayMic must be switched ON in order for the Ray60/70 to report the RayMic's software version. Both the Ray60/70 VHF Radio and RayMic software version may be displayed via the command sequence MENU->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->ABOUT THIS UNIT; Scroll the screen using the menu selection knob to view the SW Version and Handset values. It is not expected that the RayMic's software version may be viewed via a MFD.

Should the initial update of the RayMic have failed, then it is recommended that it be checked again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply