Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] e127 GPS
04-22-18, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-18 03:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] e127 GPS
My new to me e127 has a built in GPS antenna .. If I wanted to add a raystar GPS antenna ( there is one on the boat already mounted but not connected, Maybe from an older unit ???) would this antenna be wired directly into the second network port in the back of the e127 ? What is the part # of the plug ?
Am I right in assuming that the 2 network ports have the same function as the seatalk ng backbone ??

Thank you for your time .. Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-18, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-18 03:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] e127 GPS
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Q1. If I wanted to add a raystar GPS antenna ( there is one on the boat already mounted but not connected, Maybe from an older unit ???) would this antenna be wired directly into the second network port in the back of the e127 ? What is the part # of the plug ?
A1. In order to address these questions, we would need to know the model or part number of the old GPS sensor which was installed onboard.

Q2. Am I right in assuming that the 2 network ports have the same function as the seatalk ng backbone ??
A2. Negative. The MFD has a single SeaTalkng port which is designed to interface the MFD a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The ports labeled Network are Ethernet network ports, designed to interface the MFD to other compatible MFDs, compatible peripheral devices having an Ethernet communications interface, or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply