Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a97 display comparability with E66056 transducer
04-01-16, 09:08 AM
a97 display comparability with E66056 transducer
Question 1) I am planning to purchase a a97 pt n# E70233-US and have a transducer PT# E66056 already installed in the boat, is this transducer compatible with the a97 display.

2) Purchasing a EV-100 power autopilot PT # T70154: are there any communication cables or linkages that are required to connect this to the a97 display.

3) PT# T70154: Is this a complete kit or do I need to purchase an additional linear actuator to feed back engine position (engines are two F115 Yamaha)

4) Will be installing the a97 display on center council under a canvas T-Top do I need to install a separate GPS antenna?

Thanks for your assistance. or sugestions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-16, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-16 11:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: a97 display comparability with E66056 transducer
Q1) I am planning to purchase a a97 pt n# E70233-US and have a transducer PT# E66056 already installed in the boat, is this transducer compatible with the a97 display.
A1) The E66056 version of the B744V transducer must be adapted (w/E66066 Transducer Adapter Cable) to be mated to the transducer socket of an ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD.

Q2) Purchasing a EV-100 power autopilot PT # T70154: are there any communication cables or linkages that are required to connect this to the a97 display.
A2) For SeaTalkng Spur socket are provided with the SeaTalkng networking components supplied with EV-100 Power Pilot. You will need an additional spur socket to accommodate interfacing a fifth component (ex. your MFD) to the SeaTalkng backbone. This can easily be accomplished by connecting an additional SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector to one end of one end of the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The part numbers for SeaTalkng Networking Components and SeaTalkng Networking examples may be found here.

Q3) PT# T70154: Is this a complete kit or do I need to purchase an additional linear actuator to feed back engine position (engines are two F115 Yamaha)
A3) All ACUs are packaged with a rotary rudder transducer. Should you desire to install a linear rudder reference to maximize autopilot performance, then it would a be recommended that a Teleflex Smart Stick be used.

Q4) Will be installing the a97 display on center council under a canvas T-Top do I need to install a separate GPS antenna?
A4) Typically, the a/c/e/e/eS-Series MFDs will receive sufficient GPS satellite signal strength to acquire and maintain a GPS position FIX under bimini tops. However, should you find that your boat's overhead structure causes long GPS FIX acquisition times, intermittent GPS FIX, or high HDOP, then the a9x/a12x MFDs may be interfaced to a GA150 GPS Antenna or to a Raystar 130 GPS Sensor which in turn may be installed where it is afforded an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.
04-01-16, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-16 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck

Based on our communication this is what I will be ordering.
Can you please review and recommend anything additional that I may need to have an effective working unit. Decided to change to the c-series display due to the size of boat and wet conditions.
Items to Purchase for c-series display and Autopilot kit.
1) C-series display PT# E70012-US
2) Spare Transducer PT# A66090
3) Transducer Adapter Cable PT# E66066 (to adapt old transducer)
4) Autopilot kit PT# T70154
5) Connector Cable from Auto to Display PT # A06035

washwild
04-01-16, 12:28 PM
Thanks a million,

Will be ordering the following (decided on the c-series not sure if the touch screen is a good idea with the wet conditions on the boat.

Will be ordering the following: Please recommend if there is anything else that is required, I will be mounting display on top of center council

Items to Purchase for c-series display and Autopilot kit.
1) C-series display PT# E70012-US
2) Spare Transducer PT# A66090
3) Transducer Adapter Cable PT# E66066 (to adapt old transducer)
4) Autopilot kit PT# T70154
5) Connector Cable from Auto to Display PT # A06035
04-01-16, 03:28 PM
washwild,

Per my initial response, you will need an additional spur socket to accommodate interfacing a fifth component (ex. your MFD) to the SeaTalkng backbone. This can easily be accomplished by connecting an additional SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector to one end of one end of the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The part numbers for SeaTalkng Networking Components and SeaTalkng Networking examples may be found here.