Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Spx 10 seatalk fault
04-29-18, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-18 03:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Spx 10 seatalk fault
Hi, i have a spx 10 autopilot computer. It has worked great since installed. Today i accidently knocked the switch to my instruments off, when i switched the back on the autopilot head st6002 said no pilot.

I have a spare autopilot head, so tried that and it still said no pilot. On checking the spx 10 computer, all fuses are ok, but the 2 red fault lights are on above the seatalk connections into the computer???

The seatalk system seems to be fine, as all other elements of the system are recieving the seatalk informantion.

Any help or thoughts are apprieciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-18, 03:28 PM
RE: [CA] Spx 10 seatalk fault
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jono63812,

When interfacing a separately powered SeaTalk bus to the SPX autopilot, care must be taken to not connect the red lead of the bus's SeaTalk cable to the red terminal of the course computer's SeaTalk port. Please verify that this guideline has been followed if the SeaTalk bus is powered separately and if not make the required change, switch the entire system OFF, switch the entire system ON, and then retest the system.

It is recommended that the autopilot course computer's fuse for the SeaTalk bus be checked to ensure that it is not blown, and if so, that it be replaced.

Should the problem persist after addressing the items listed above, then the fault may be rooted within the autopilot course computer or within the autopilot control head. To test the autopilot control head, it would be recommended that it be configured to display one of the supported data items present on the SeaTalk bus. Should the data item be populated, then the autopilot control head's SeaTalk communications circuitry would be deemed operational and the autopilot course computer should then be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should the data item not be populated, then the autopilot control head's SeaTalk communications circuitry would be deemed to have failed and the autopilot control head would need to be replaced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply