Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Evolution Auto Pilot
04-29-18, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-18 08:31 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Evolution Auto Pilot
I purchased and replaced my old autopilot with the raymarine wheel drive autopilot. I am very satisfied. I also purchased the rudder indicator that I am now installing.

The directions say that the indicator can be installed upside down, just reverse the wires. I will have to do this due to space and the steering quadrant.

Now the question. In the directions it shows the indicator on the port side of the rudder. I need to put it on the starboard side. Is there anything I need to change when I hook it up electrically?

So I will mount upside down and on the starboard side. Anyone mount the rudder indicator on the port side?

Aloisius
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-18, 08:43 AM
RE: (DG) Evolution Auto Pilot
Hi landonshaw

Thank you for your enquiry.

Generaltests for the rudder reference unit are described here .

There is no issues mounting it upside down or port or starboard. Simply power the system up and turn the wheel to Starboard, if the angle shown is correct- leave the wiring alone,if the angle displayed is reversed,the swap the red and Green wires over at the ACU/ Computer.

The key is the mechanical geometry to make sure the travel is equal and linear to Port and to Starboard.

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply