Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) i60 Calibration
04-30-18, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-18 05:32 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) i60 Calibration
The company that sold and installed this instrument along with 2 i60 displays and a Raymarine Autopilot has completely stopped communicating and left me with a wind instrument that is 40 to 60 degrees off.... and when I attempt to calibrate per instructions, I get an error message. I remember the installer telling me that they used the one of the i60 displays as the "master" when they supposedly calibrated it.
Can you please advise how I can determine what is going on and get this calibrated? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-18, 05:41 AM
RE: (DG) i60 Calibration
Hi sfsail923
Thank you for your enquiry.

First identify which i60 is the 'master' display, that is to say, the one that the masthead transducer is connected to. (you will see on the rear of one of the displays there is a 5 core cable plugged in to the transducer connections. This 'master' display is the one that is used to calibrate the masthead transducer to provide correct apparent wind angle.

The calibration process can be found in Chapter 7, section 2, entitled ALIGNIING THE WIND TRANSDUCER, where it describes motoring the boat head to wind, then accessing the USER calibration to align the pointer correctly, noting that this should be done when apparent wind mode is selected.

The handbook can be found click here

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply