Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Creating autoroute a78
04-30-18, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-18 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Creating autoroute a78
So I have been having issues creating a AutoRoute, when creating AutoRoute by means of entering waypoint from keypad it tells me it cant safely create route and gives me only two waypoints. If i do it by means dragging icon and placing it, it works fine and this is how I always have done it , but figured it would be more accurate by placing by using key pad. What am I doing wrong with keypad placement.

It works by finger placement and the problem seems to be when placing waypoint with keypad. Just for your knowledge base
Thanks again

Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-18, 09:44 AM
RE: [CA] Creating autoroute a78
Jeff,

Have you interfaced a RMK-9 or RMK-10 to your a78 MFD?
05-01-18, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-18 01:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
No, but I am using p70r controller
05-01-18, 01:19 PM
Jeff,

Then I'm confused about your reference to a keypad. The a-Series MFDs feature a touchscreen-only user interface.
05-01-18, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-18 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sorry, keypad is actually where it asks you to place waypoint in route build menu.
05-04-18, 09:35 AM
Jeff,

I was unable to duplicate the problem when tested within an a-Series MFD (v19.03), Navionics Platinum Plus chart card, and using it's menu option to Place Waypoint. After placing the first waypoint, each time thereafter that the Place Waypoint menu item was selected, the Chart application autorouted to the location of the placed waypoint. Please note that when the Build Route's Dock to Dock Autorouting menu item is switched OFF, then the MFD will produce a simple two-point route between the two waypoints. This same condition will also occur if the Chart application is unable to produce the autoroute due to insufficient depths at the starting, ending, or waters in between, or the chart card does not have an active Navionics Freshest Data subscription.

Should you have not already done so, then it would be recommended that the chart card's contents be erased using the Navionics Chart Installer program, and that the chart cards contents then be updated with Freshest Data updates (both Nautical Charts and SonarCharts) for the maximum size permitted by the Navionics Chart Installer, given the chart card's capacity.
05-04-18, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-18 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
i did go ahead and erase with Navionics uninstaller and repopulated freshest data and sonar charsts but that didn't do it ether .
I will give you the start and finish lat-lon and maybe you can try that way on your unit.
Thanks Jeff
05-07-18, 08:17 AM
Noted.