Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Problems importing gpx-files to Axiom Pro
05-01-18, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-18 04:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Problems importing gpx-files to Axiom Pro
I previously used a e80 Classic MFD, now I have purchased a Axiom Pro 9 S MFD and want to transfer all the data.
I have exported all the routes and waypoints to a FSH-file.

This file I have successfully opened in VoyagePlanner and exported to a new file in Raymarine GPX-file format, and loaded onto a mSD card.

I can see all the waypoints and routes in VoyagePlanner.

My Axiom pro recognises the file and starts to import the routes, it asks what I want to do with double entries and I choose overwrite and repeat for all files. Then it continues to import, after a few seconds following message appears: "Import failed" No reason or other info appears.

When checking what has been imported I find 2 out of a total of 61 routes.

I have tried to export from VoyagePlanner in normal GPX format, without success. I have also tried to export/import just one of the routes and still I just get the import failed message.

I have run out of suggestions please advise what to do?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-18, 04:15 PM
RE: [CA] Problems importing gpx-files to Axiom Pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Maxim,

Please verify that your MFD has been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.4.66 software and that the problem can be duplicated using this version of software.
If so, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing waypoint, route, and track constraints. Please inspect your data within Voyage planner to ensure that your data does not violate any of these constraints. If not, and the problem persists then, please attach your original .fsh as well as your .gpx file to this thread for further analysis.
Find all posts by this user
05-03-18, 06:24 PM
I am using the latest version of Lighthouse 3.4.66.

I have looked through the limitations listed and is a little puzzled about the 16 characters name lenght limitation, (Surely a route name must be possible to be more than 16 characters)

Attached please find the two requested files.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-18, 10:26 AM
Maxim,

The constraints of the MFD are indeed as has been specified within the referenced FAQ. Should you actually attempt to create a route using the MFD's user interface, then you will indeed find that the MFD will not support entry of waypoint, route, track, and group names which are longer than 16 characters. That said, I have reviewed the data within your GPX file and was unable to identify anything wrong with this data. A problem report will be logged with the engineering team to have them inspect your GPX file to identify the problem and if appropriate, log an error with the LightHouse 3.4.66 import feature. Upon receiving feedback from the engineering team, this post will be updated.
Find all posts by this user