Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0.5 L Hydraulic pump spec discrepancy
04-29-16, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-16 01:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: 0.5 L Hydraulic pump spec discrepancy
How did the system work out? I have the same size Ram on my pursuit and was thinking of adding the ev-100 as well. Wondered he the 100 worked on this set up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-16, 11:42 AM
So your RAM Capacity is 8.3 cubic inches? I will leave this open from anyone who can respond to using the EV-100 with this RAM Capacity.
05-12-16, 01:01 PM
I am still in the process of getting the system installed. I will report back when I have it up and running.

1977 SeaRay SRV 240 SDB
Raymarine a78 / CPT100, EV-100 Power, CP200 / CPT 200, Ray60
05-13-16, 07:45 AM
Let us know the outcome when installation is complete.
06-12-16, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-16 02:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Did you get it up and running? How did the ev-100 work out?
06-13-16, 04:19 PM
I finally have the lines plumbed and just got the main steering purged yesterday. Took much longer than expected to track down the fittings I needed to make the system work. My boat is older and uses Parker Vibra Lok fittings and an old Uni Flow valve that is no longer manufactured... Fingers crossed that doesn't decide to break, other wise I am going to have to replace the entire steering system...

Like I said, lines are plumbed now, just need to hook the pump up to the ACU and do the purge procedure for the pump. Hoping to have this thing in the water in the next week or two. Ran in to a few other surprises that needed repair, which have continued to delay launch...
06-14-16, 08:51 AM
Noted.
07-25-16, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-16 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Boat is finally in the water. Didn't have a chance to take it out an run it, so I ended up just taking it down to the slip. Having a problem getting the drive to both ways, so I will have to get that figured out. I will post back once I have the system up and running completely.
07-26-16, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-16 08:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Scoffer,

It is recommended that you review and execute the procedures for bleeding the hydraulic system as a first step in addressing the reported symptom. Raymarine's hydraulic pumps feature reversing DC motors. When one lead is connected to +12VDC and the other lead is connected to -12VDC, then the pump will drive in one direction. Reversing the leads will cause the pump to drive in the opposite direction. This simple test may be used to verify that the pump is moving the ram in each direction. Additionally, the Rudder Reference Transducer must be installed to view rudder position when the vessel is stationary or not underway and using the autopilot's Auto or Track features (the latter permits the autopilot to display a virtual rudder position based on vessel motion resulting from exercising drive actuator).
07-26-16, 11:16 AM
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for that information. That's good to know that I can hook the leads up to 12v +/- for verification that the pump is working in both directions. It is currently wired up to the ACU via the A/B motor terminal block that was provided, but I can pull the wires out of the block and connect to 12v +/- for testing if it comes to that. Additionally, I don't have a rudder reference unit attached in this setup.

I created a separate thread yesterday about this issue so I wouldn't stray to far off of topic from what this thread was started for initially. In that I described the problem a bit more in detail.

1977 SeaRay SRV 240 SDB
Raymarine a78 / CPT100, EV-100 Power, CP200 / CPT 200, Ray60